RCU Forums - View Single Post - What a wuff landing (lucky dog)
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 10:11 AM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a wuff landing (lucky dog)

Dog running onto a runway + Piper arrow = world of hurt (lucky dog)

[link]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006170107,00.html[/link] pics and story here.

BUSTER the Jack Russell was hailed a miracle mutt last night — after surviving being hit by a plane’s PROPELLER.

The eight-year-old terrier was cut open “like a zip” as the whirling blades sliced along his back.

His injury was so severe some of his spinal bones could be seen — but amazingly no vital organs were affected.

Buster was hit by the prop of a Piper Arrow after getting loose from owner Wendy Birnie and scampering on to a runway at IW Airport in Sandown, Isle of Wight.

As the four-seater aircraft touched down it sank on its suspension just enough for the prop to rip along Buster’s back. Wendy, 67, of nearby Bembridge, screamed in horror as she watched him being hit.

She said: “It was like he had been opened with a zip. I never thought he could survive.”

Landing ... plane prop hit dog

Vet John O’Connor, who put 40 stitches in Buster’s wound, said: “I have never seen an injury like it. He is a very tough little dog.”

Airport spokesman Dick Steele said: “The pilot was unaware that he had struck the dog