RCU Forums - View Single Post - What The.... Noooooooo!
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 11:00 PM
intrim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What The.... Noooooooo!

even when you are upside down and level you will have to different temps remember when about 15 years ago everyone was buying those silver ball anti gravity arches where the ball would float in the air If you dont have the two different readings to compare the servo electronics wont work The ball looks like it has stopped motionless in mid air but in reality it is being bounced up and down several times a second, riding on an infrared beam as the ball moves upward against the beam it actually starts to cut off the beam. now the servos know a couple of things like where the ball actually is and that it is getting too high. the servos cut power to magnetic field and now the ball starts downward. the lower it gets the stronger the beam of light gets as the curveature of the ball is no longer in the way. the beam stregnthens to a point where now the servo system knows again where exactly the ball is and that it is now too low.if the ball could physically come to a stop in mid air. the servos would nolonger be in controll and the ball would either fall on the ground or stick to the underside of the arch. so you will always have two temps to compare against even if level. I bet as far as computerized control systems go, there is no such thing as level. just too high or too low being broken down to such a fine degree and samples taken several hundred times a second . it just looks level Releatively speaking. This same princible sky talked about when he sets the trims so his DF will stay in front of him with constant forward stick. you dont have to worry about wiggling back and forth trying to hover. just some stick pressure and it looks like its hovering but the draganflyer thinks it is flying backwards all the time. in other words you are not letting the DF decide where it wants to go and then countering it. You are the one in charge so you decide where you want to fly and just cut your hovering workload 50% thats a load off my mind now i can concentrate on aspects of becoming a better pilot

michael