RCU Forums - View Single Post - There's not one monster truck that's done right!!
Old 04-15-2006, 06:49 PM
bauerbach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: There's not one monster truck that's done right!!

well Im with you on the center diff, I get that. I dont know why they dont put them in. but... well, they dont. cept for an option for it now by traxxas. maybe thatll open the door.

but the whole 1 speed. these engines are VERY high RPM, and not all that much torque. a single gear simply wont do. there is no gearing possible to have enough up top and down low. if you want to lock it into low gear, that can be done without any aftermarket parts. just remove the gear, sure as heck wont shift then; itll have to settle for low gear. or just adjust the shift mechanism. but these arent jeep rock crawlers, and I cant imagine any other situations where shifting would be an issue. they shift quite seamlessly. the slipper typicly absorbs any surge there might be. so there are no issues as far as acceleration in loose dirt and it loosing control at the shift.

and its already well known, that if you upgrade 1 thing to aluminum or titanium, it typicly transfers the impact to something else that will then break. replace that and you find the next link. and so on. so I believe in many cases its a matter of them designing a weak point to give. Id rather know that if I run into a curb Ill need to replace the A arm. then trying to guess which part might break this time. or worse, just bend the frame. short of making the whole truck out of aluminum or titanium(and costing an arm and a leg) better to leave that up to you, or just let you replace the A arm for 2bucks every now and then.