RCU Forums - View Single Post - XTM Mammoth Monster Truck review
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 06:10 AM
BBD
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM Mammoth Monster Truck review

Well I own a Savage S25 and a bought my self an XTM Mammoth Monster truck with a 0.28 engine,,, reason for buying the truck is because I dont want to spend a lot of money making my savage faster just get a new truck keep em almost standard.. I could not find many reviews about the XTM Mammoth MT so it was a gamble in the purchase itself.

The Mammoth is a bigger truck than the savage at 1/7 scale it should be and surprisingly its even lighter I was alittle concerned with its suspentions at first seems too soft and not enought travle it can be adjusted whish is also very good.. a lot of aluminum parts makes it seem a tough MT.

Driving the Mammoth a nightmare its even more wobbley than an old hag on a walking stick, tyres wobbel non stop in turns servos are not strong enough I recon out the box, turning radius is bigger than a 777 boeing. Finish the first and 2nd tank as quick as possible bring it back in for adjustments got all suspentions as hard as I could and balanced them didnt solve the problem still too soft no roll cage incase you flip the car,, body pin was missin,, so lets go out to bash it.

Its hard to jump well because of suspentions and still turning radius is huge which I dont like.. but the power OHHH the power of the Mammoth is unbelivable as soon as the engine starts to open its becomes a rocket point it in any direction and hope it hits the jump good enough still lands hard makes the savage look like a figure skater in the skies.... The Mammoth is the kind of monster truck made for the fat blocks that like to drink lots of beer its scruffy dirty and loud.. the brute force of this truck will smoke anything in a stright line including some buggies. which makes it a joy to own...