RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warhead wont run
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Brad G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warhead wont run

ORIGINAL: erawtik
And is the throttle suppose to rotate cause mine does when i adjust the lsn?
Your idle set screw has popped out of the carb slide. This is not an uncommon problem in the Warhead, I had this numerous times. If the idle set screw is in the groove correctly, is should NOT rotate. You will have to play with the idle screw to get it back in the slot, and it's easier to do this I believe if you pull the carb out of the engine.

When you are doing this, take a look at the throttle set screw also (look at it with it fully removed from the carb). Make sure the end of the screw isn't ground up or worn down too bad, jagged edges sticking out etc... The material they used to make those idle screws is not very good stock imo.

This was discussed in the huge "Do you own a Warhead" thread. If I remember correctly, reason that all this happened is that when you take it to max throttle on your transmitter, it actually causes the carb slide to go too far out, which in turn makes the idle set screw pop out of the groove in the slide. Easy fix for this was to put a zip strap on your throttle trigger on the transmitter, or glue an eraser head to the transmitter behind the trigger, which will prevent you from pulling the trigger back 100%. It won't effect your truck performance since that last little bit of trigger movement doesn't do jack for the trucks power.

Good luck!