RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW GUY NEEDS ADVICE
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 09:32 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: NEW GUY NEEDS ADVICE

Do you want to build or would you be happy going rtr. Do you plan to buy most of your parts from the local hobby shop or do you plan to buy most mail order? If you plan to buy most parts from your local hobby shop, see what they sell the most of. Oh yeah do you plan to bash or race. 2 trucks that most everyone stocks parts for are the Traxxas Revo, and the HPI Savage. Both are very good machines, with the revo being more finicky to tune. The savage comes in a variety of flavors a kit called the ss, the savage x its a new design, the rtr .25 savage. There are other trucks out there I really like The tamiya TNX, the LST2 from losi. Now 300.00 won't get you in the door with most of these trucks. your looking at 350. to 500.00 plus depending on the model. a savage x is around 450. a regular savage 375.00 give or take. the lst2 569.00 give or take. I forgot to mention associated mgt around 365.00 The Revo from traxxas 400.00 plus.

As far as fuel goes by car fuelthe richer oil content is not really good for the car engines, and airplane fuel is designed differently, different content.

If your dealer stocks Cen rc car products a Cen mt 2 or Cen nx rtr truck would come in lower or close to 300.00. They are really fun and can take a real beating.

All rc trucks are alot of fun most come with 2spds and great suspension.

Good luck

I own all these trucks. if you have any questions email me