RCU Forums - View Single Post - New pilot needs flt. plan advice
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Leo L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New pilot needs flt. plan advice

I couldn't find your plane on the Estes web site so if you could provide a link, or give a more detailed description of the type of controls that you have, it would help in answering your questions.

Basically, when you set up for a landing, you should pretty much be gliding the plane in until the final approach and touch down. When I decide to land my plane, I usually cut all power and let it glide down until about 20 ft. up, then apply enough throttle to keep the pane flying level until the final approach. Once the plane is lined up with the landing area, reduce throttle so that the plane gently glides down. Give a little power burst just as it is about to touch down to lift the nose so that it touches down at a horizontal position. As you begin your landing, all of your turns should be very gentle, with minimal banking. 45degree banking is certainly way too much for a landing approach. When the plane is flying toward you, you have the control reversal to deal with. Just think of "supporting the lower wing" to level tha plane out.