RCU Forums - View Single Post - magnum.... airplane?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 06:56 PM
slowmo777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: magnum.... airplane?

ORIGINAL: Crazy4Flight

SO PAH-LEEEZE tell me what ARF do you consider fast?
where can one buy it?
AND for how much?
Hello Crazy4Flight,

well I carelessly overlooked that there are two very different parties involved:

1. The Plug-and-Play, ARF fun sport speed pylon …. Freaks

2. The very small but innovative speed crowd looking for new designs and interesting improvements including
[ul][*] full composite lightweight construction methods[*] engine and pipe modifications (or complete home made solutions)[*] individual carbon fiber speed props (any new speed plane design needs a new prop design/size – that’s my personal experience)[*] computer aided calculated aerodynamic improvements for wing/stab airfoil and layout and for propeller airfoil and layout (there is some good software on the internet)[*] speed measurement over a defined distance (150 m or 200 m) in both directions eliminating wind impact, so the term “fast” eventually loses its subjective nature being very beneficial for objective international comparisons of speed results in future (compare all “200” mph Magnums, DDs, Whiplashs to be found in this forum,…)[*] etc. [/ul]

In other words, even an aerodynamically very well designed 2.5 cc speed plane will be faster than the worlds fastest Magnum ARF.[X(]

Regards

Slomo

P.S. I personally will most likely not sell any composite “kits” of my new home designed speed planes which I am going to compete with in Osnabrueck – too much R&D and risk of knock-offs involved. Same applies to the props. So the larger the number of different plane and prop designs out there the better for future speed improvements. And IMHO building and flying home made designs is much more satisfactory. Guys, please take a look at my posts here at RCU where some (inexpensive) speed tips can be found…

[sm=sleeping.gif]