RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whiplash speed
Thread: Whiplash speed
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 07:35 AM
Jetjock51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think we'll keep the record in Mississippi

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jlong34016
"Enjoy your record for the winter, come spring it will be history. I have two whiplashes and two diamond dusts not to mention teamfutabas plane with the fai nelson in it. If all else fails the roo will be boosted back to 27lb of thrust on the ram 1000."

Now it is starting to get fun!! I just love to see guys respond to a challenge. I personally think Daryl will have the fastest Whiplash/Diamond Dust type when the dust settles (no pun intended). He is working hard at developing the right combination of plane and engine to make it as fast as is possible with that design. He also has one of the best speed pilots in the country to fly it. He is my son Paul. Paul (20 years old) started designing and flying his own speed plane at the age of 13. He is now into his forth generation of his Aurora project. You guys have heard of the top secret Aurora, right? You know, the top secret hypersonic fastest plane in the world. Well, Paul's Aurora IV is the prop driven r/c version of that plane. It is the fastest thing I have ever seen short of a jet. Only a hand full of select individuals with top secret clearance have ever seen it. It will go by the best Whiplash so fast, you will think your engine died! We can't wait to get a piece of the Team Futaba entry as well. Paul's plane has but one purpose: to go faster than any other prop plane has ever gone. I predict that, after you see it, you guys will want to create a class just for the Aurora so you won't have to compete against it.

Also, when we start talkin' jets, I think Paul's BVM Bandit with the Jetcat P160 set at 34 lbs. thrust should handle all comers who want to go really fast!!!!!!!!!!!! Now let me state that I am not advocating having a jet speed event since we all know that is just not kosher with the AMA, but I just couldn't resist a little one upmanship.

Proud Dad, all in fun.

Dennis Lott
Been flyin' jets and goin' fast for a long, long time.