RCU Forums - View Single Post - Highly Modified AK Models SU-27 Build Thread
Old 05-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Mods-R-Me
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Highly Modified AK Models SU-27 Build Thread

Little more progress....

A much as I hate sanding; it is necessary, so I rough sanded the fuse center and prepared it for the side formers (Figures 1 & 2).

Figure 1

Figure 2

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

The good news is that my supplies arrived from Tower Hobbies and [link=http://www.acp-composites.com/acp-tube.htm]ACP Composites[/link] via UPS (Figure 3):

1/4" dia Aluminum Rod from KS Metals
9/32" OD Brass tube from KS Metals
1/4" ID Carbon Fiber Rod from ACP

Figure 3

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Bad news is that it looked like the UPS staff took an axe to my brand new Carbon Fiber tube (Figure 4) ! The funny thing about it is that they tried to tape it back together and continue shipping it like I would not notice (Figure 5)[sm=lol.gif]. Thanks Brown [sm=thumbdown.gif].

Figure 4

Figure 5

The bad news turned back to good news when I discovered that the aluminum rod did not fit inside the carbon fiber tube anyway, but it did fit perfectly into the 9/32" brass tube with no slop whatsoever (Figure 6) . So now I will use the 9/32" OD brass as my glide tube and the 1/4" aluminum as my control horn. All in all, it was a good day.

Figure 6

More to Come,

Mods