RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...
Old 05-11-2006, 11:14 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...

Fisher, good to hear you are doing some aerial video. It's great fun, although I've only got my feet wet a little bit thus far with it. I've currently got a CMOS camera mounted to a 800mw 1.2ghz tx that I've used a couple of flights on my BP21 Stryker last summer. The video kept cutting out if I didn't keep the plane orientated to the RX right. But, I believe two factors caused this...The silver chrome paint I used on the body (think it contains metal), and the fact that I didn't have the TX attenna vertical but rather it was horizontal against the wing. I've also now got a 2000mw 2.4ghz tx/rx that I bought off Ebay (great buy at around $60 for such a powerful unit) that I plan to try next. Once you remove the case from the TX it's pretty darn light...although I plan to only fly it on the Extreme. I've also got a Aiptek 5100M digital camcorder (about the size of a pack of smokes but almost twice as thick) that weighs NOTHING (the two AAs it runs off of weigh more than the camera) that I plan to also use on the Extreme. Nice camera and at $89 from Walmart (when they had them) you couldn't beat the price for a high megapixel unit. With the CF card I have in it I think it will do an hour or more of video based on which resolution you have it set at. I just got the Extreme back into the air a few days ago after installing standard electronics in it last fall. Wasn't able to get it to fly right with control rods so I yanked them out and went back to fishing line. She flies great now and with the standard electronics (JR600 RX, HS81 servos, 50 Amp speed control, stock 540 brushed motor, 3300ma nimh packs) I don't have to worry about the original stock electronics bombing out that the stock Extreme was prone to. The stock motor also seems to have much more pep thanks to a real and more efficient speed control in the plane versus the weak original. Now that she's flying again I can play with my cameras soon. It was a battle to win against this plane. Ever since the standard electronics install I couldn't get it in the air. I did a poor job of routing the control rods and that was the issue with flight stability.

Glad to hear you confirm my thoughts on the F27 RX. Looked over the sparse instructions again last night and it became more clear. T-Tail (Elevator/Rudder...or should work as Elevator/Aileron), V-Tail (Delta Wing Mode), and the third is Flight Track...which can be turned on or off with T-Tail to provide some up elevator when rudder/Aileron is engaged). The final jumper is nimh/lipo setting. Thanks again.

I really should be at work at the moment so I'll save responses to other posts for next time.