RCU Forums - View Single Post - Have $200 to spend...What plane to buy?
Old 05-13-2006, 03:46 AM
yoster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have $200 to spend...What plane to buy?

Hmm, interesting. I have not read-up on the Freedom online yet. I have however flown it several times, and cannot confirm that it is hard to hand launch. I simply throw it, and it goes. Maybe I throw it harder than other individuals whom are used to a lazy toss.. I cannot be certain. As I mentioned I also fly a F-27B stryker that I give a good shove when launching, so maybe I am launching the Freedom the same way without really thinking about it.. i've never paid attention. Regardless.. why wouldn't you give your plane a good toss? That just doesn't make sense to me. Honestly, had I never read this thread I would never had even thought that the plane was hard to launch. I've flown planes that are far more difficult to get airborn than the Freedom. I have also never taken the plane off from the ground, so I cannot comment on that. I do agree however that most of my comments about the Challenger are from memory, as it was the very first plane I ever flew. I still stand behind my comment on the fishing-line connections tho..

As far as the ACT is concerned, after a little playing around with it, I'm going to have to agree with your comments. I have never flown with it turned on, so after reading this thread I decided to go fly it while having ACT enabled. Surprisingly, it made things a little more challenging. Landing was more of a chore because it didn't want to nose-down. It also didn't want to turn to fight any wind. On the other hand, it wouldn't let me put it in a dive.. even if i tried. It also kept me from doing any loops. So, I really can't say if it's good or not.

I guess its hard to recommend a trainer when you aren't a beginner.. maybe I should ask one for their opinion lol.