RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...
Old 05-15-2006, 12:08 PM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...

Fisher, once again my lousy memory leaves much to be desired. Flipped back some pages and found some good photos of the belly of your plane. I can see the control rods, horns, and servo placement well. Printed out the photo as it also gives me a good idea on where the ESC, rx, etc should probably be. I also saw another photo of your motor mount for the BP21 and it looks (on the surface, anyway) to be much like mine. A thin piece of wood (I used plywood...much stiffer than balsa at the same thickness). Don't know what you may or may not have inside the foam but I'm guessing you at least did the wood woll rod thing detailed in the plans? One difference is I have the fuse cut flush with the trailing edge of the wing now. Thought you said you were doing that (maybe in builds after the photo?), but if anything it just means my lipo will go a bit further back in the fuse to get COG proper...which aint a bad thing. Either way, thanks again for your excellent photos and pioneering this build for us other newbies. I've learned a lot by your mistakes.

I'm hoping that within a day or two (or tonight if I'm real lucky) I'll be posting a photo of my completed and painted bird.