RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do I set up flapperons and spoilerons for 3D flying on a 8103?
Old 12-19-2002, 07:07 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do I set up flapperons and spoilerons for 3D flying on a 8103?

Here is some programming that you will need to follow, if you want to add more postions, you will just need to do another mix. If you need any more help, please feel free to give one of our techs a call at 877-504-0233.

Flaperon/Spoileron Set-Up

For a 3D set-up, we will set up the spoilerons. One good way to set up the spoilerons for harriers and elevator maneuvers, is to mix elevator to flap. An easy way to do this mix is with the elevator flap mix, which will work with the flap mix switch. Press the up key till it says ELEV-FLAP MIX in the top line. This will set it up so that they will work with the flap mix switch in the up position. Just flip the switch up, push down elevator, and press the – key until with down elevator the ailerons both go down. If they go up, press the + key instead of the – key. I use 100% in this mix to help keep the wings from rocking in an elevator or harrier. Now pull up elevator and press the – key until with the up elevator, both ailerons go up. If they go down, press the + instead of the – key. Again, I use 100% here. If you would like to have this on a different switch, or would like to have this function work with the spoilerons be active with the switch in the down or LAND position, follow the mix below. Lets set this up in mix 4. Press the up key till you get this mix. Now press the + key till the first channel says elev. Press the channel key so that the second channel is underlined. Next, you will press the select key until the arrow points at SW. You can put this on a few different switches, but lets set this up on the flap mix switch. Press the + key until it says LAND. This will activate when the switch is in the down position. Now we will press the select key to get back to where the arrow points at Rate. If it says OFF, move the flap switch down to the land position. Pull up elevator, and make the value –100% with the – key. Now push down elevator, and make the value –100% again. This should make the ailerons go up with up elevator and vice versa. If they go opposite of this, change the –100% values to + 100% to reverse it. Of course if you want to set-up flaperons instead of spoilerons you would make the ailerons go down with up elevator and vice versa.