RCU Forums - View Single Post - Definitive Prop-Jet Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 09:15 AM
JS615

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Definitive Prop-Jet Thread

setxws6

i dont have a f20,,not yet at least, but im going to get one..my a4 skyhawk is a box of tooth picks,, she went down on her maiden flight, dont ask me what happened because i dont know, im still trying to figure that one out!!!! i can say it was a good looking plane.
As far as being cartoonish, well they kind of look that way in their ads on the internet, but when you see one for real up close they look good, when i take mine to the fly field they always draw a crowd, and everybody has great complements,, they all love the looks.
they are alittle expensive but i think they are worth it,,, when i get a digital camera and learn how to use it i will post some picks!!!
as far as dislikes, i dont really have any,, the landing gear on the vmar prop jets need to be reinforced in the wing area alittle, and that is easy to do,, as a matter of fact i do that to all my planes no matter who makes them,,, because no matter how good you are you can always have a hard landing, everybody has a bad day every now and then,,
My f4 phantom has had more hard landngs then my other propjets, because it was my first,, and i mean she has hit hard bounced and bounced again and the structure on the gear mounting area is not even phased,, no problems at all..
the f5 is the only one i have that is lazer cut, but i was told that they are all lazer cut now..
my mig 21 is really a good looking plane, you have to becarefull holding this plane in certain areas on the fuselage because it has a couple of areas that have thin sheet balsa,, but that is because they are trying to keep the weight down,, its no big deal though.. i just put alittle thin CA in there and that takes care of that!!
my f4 f5 and mig all weight in the 10 to 11 lbs area...
And i can say that these planes are easy to land,, the f4 comes in gliding like a trainer,, the f5 and mig has flaps so they are also very easy to land,, the f5 and mig come in alittle hotter then the f4,, i would say a person that flys a high wing trainer only, could land the phantom.. As far has takeoffs, i just run 3/4 of the run way and slowly pull back the elevator stick had she lifts right off, very scale like, and just keep climbing out till i get enough speed and altitude, and then start haveing fun,, You know thats what this is all about, HAVING FUN..