RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 150 Hostetler
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 09:43 PM
sebo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Cessna 150 Hostetler

I'm going to make a suggestion for you to consider at this point in your building.
I'm doing it because it happened to me.
I'm refering to the pieces of wood that the wing slip onto.
They can break easily if bumped a little hard or if they swell from moisture and you have to jiggle the wing to get it off. Mine broke where the threaded brass anchor is in that former.
The suggestion is to take a 5/32 or similar size wire (the size used on smaller landing gear)
and cut it off about ahalf inch or so longer than the former. Cut a groove in the top of the former and lay that piece of wire into it so that it lays exactly the same level as the wood would be without it.
Now, drill a 1/2 inch deep hole into the place where the former meets the fuselage.
Slide that wire into the hole. Make sure that the top of the former looks the same as before you did this. You have to be able to fit the former into the receiving hole in the wings. 30 minute epoxy the wire into place.
if it is a bad fit, use your dremel and the cut-off wheel to ground down the high spots on the wire and or epoxy. If you want to discuss I am [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73605.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	463497