RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blue Angel - Build
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 02:39 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Blue Angel - Build

ORIGINAL: rainedav

The gear wells look great. I have a couple questions about your servo choices. Why the 3151 for rudder? It puts out less than half the torque of the 9252s. I was of the understanding that rudders usually demand greater torque; but maybe that's only the case with contemporary 3-D models, and not with vintage pattern designs. Are you choices based more on the precision of the servos than their muscle? I can see that the 9252s would definitely give you more precision for aileraons and elevator.
It was my way to save $40 on the project! Not that the Blue Angel doesn’t deserve a $75 rudder servo. I’m using one on my Tiporare and it seems to work fine. Remember that digital servos put out FULL torque on the very first step of movement unlike analog servos. They hold their position with full power too if a force is placed on them. You must be careful that any linkage attached to them is free of binds because they will use full power (and your battery) to move to the commanded point of movement.