RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bill Evans Simitar
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 07:23 PM
de-kitter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bill Evans Simitar

Pedro:

Long live Bill Evans and his designs. I have three of them right now.

I have the Desperado and the 1/2 A Scimitar plans, and I have made jpg files of the root and tip templates. I can send them to you as attachments if you email me your email address. I can't attach files to the RCU email.
When I scanned the profiles I scanned a ruler with them, if the size gets wrong due to inaccuracies of the scanner/printer.

The Desperado wings are 25 inches long, for each half wing. They recommend a 2.0 inch anhedral. I built mine that way, and it is VERY VERY difficult to understand the orientation of the airplane. The short fuselage, and the anhedral make it look like it's inverted. You can also build it flat or with some dihedral.
It has Jett 50 with a 9x8 APC prop, and it is VERY FAST.

The 1/2A Scimitar is 24 inches long, each half wing, and has a 1 1/8 inch dihedral for each tip.
I built this 1/2 A , but I cut 4 inches off each root before I joined them. It was too slow with an .09, so I extended the nose and put in an OS 32 FSR. It's fast now, but it doesn't glide at all.

I also have a Shooter, which is my junk airplane. It has a piped Rossi 45 and it's fairly fast.

None of them are as fast as my 1/2 A Taperwing with a Shuriken .061 with a minipipe. Unfortunately, It has a tail.

Here is a pic of the Desperado
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	42026_22279.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	26378