RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to get started with electric planes
Old 05-23-2006, 10:49 AM
tessmar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to get started with electric planes

I am so new to this that I am just researching how to get started. I do want to stick to electric (too many toys with gas motors). My neighbor is experienced and will help, as will the local flying club (paved strip with mowed grass alongside). I appreciate your info but want to "keep it real simple, stupid" (me, not you)

I have narrowed it to (I think) the Toytronix T-Hawk or Megatech Freedom Flyer RTF but cannot decide between them. The T-Hawk has rave user reviews, great company support reputation, and comes with a complete spares package. Downside only seems to be 3 channel receiver and no easy upgrade for ailerons. The Megatech looks more pleasing to me, has a 4 channel radio, and spares and aileron upgrades are readily available, BUT the company's former reputation seems spotty.

Do you have any thoughts that would push me one way or the other? Also, while I was able to find how to respond to your posting it is not clear to me how to start out with a posting of my own that is not a response to someone else. I also am unclear if this note is going only to you or the forum in general.

Thanks for any help you can supply