RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club FOX!
Thread: Club FOX!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 07:00 PM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Club FOX!

I have two 15 RC Foxes with the slant plug and the MKX carb. I think this type was only made for a short time in the early 80s. The carb looks just like the one on my later 15BBRC. I got them both used, and have fired up the more worn of the two. Compression is very strong; in fact, it is stronger than the less worn engine, which leads me to suspect that the head shim was taken out of the more worn engine and not taken out of the other. Both engines hold compression extremely well at TDC.

I had some trouble getting it to keep running and to idle and transition. I used an 8 x 4 prop and 15% nitro with extra castor. I probably need to spend more time adjusting the two needles, but I also wondered if I should put a pressure nipple on the muffler to get some pressure in the tank?

These little guys weigh slightly less than an OS 10 FP (stock mufflers on each), but the Fox clearly puts out way more power. I think these old engines must have a very good power/weight ratio even by modern standards.

Too bad they're such noisy suckers!

Jim