RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Dusty Deuce-a twin engine Diamond Dust
Old 06-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Dusty Deuce-a twin engine Diamond Dust

With 9-6 Master Airscrews, it took off very nicely from the launcher. With the smaller 8" props and the Jett mufflers, it did a 90 left on both the 8-7 & 8-6. I'll hold more rudder next time. It wasn't out of control or anything, it just went left and flew straight after that.

The bungees just hold the launcher to the table. With a little up elevator, it goes right off the launcher. I have about 1/8" of up programmed to the landing switch and I flip it for take off. This gives me the right amount of up so I don't have to guess. At about 50 feet, I flip the switch off. It doesn't need a bungee assisted launch, it's more like don't take your eyes off it or it's gone.

There is a fixed piece between the elevons that we have faced with 1/16 ply. We use an arrow shaft pin through the ply and into a short piece of wood screwed to the PVC. We thought of a foot release, but since we fly from a paved area, we have to carry the table & launcher out, it's easier to have an assistant pull the pin. I nod, he pulls the pin and I'm off.

I'll get some 9-5 APCs to try.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83549.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	472634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38570.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	472635