RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 12:49 PM
electriceye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

Hi LOst SOul, sorry to be such a "wuss" over this, but after seeing my 'stang fly so well in the hands of an experienced flyer, I really don't want to trash it. You say you flew the first few times on 'Low' mode. There seems to be so little travel on the control surfaces I wondered if there was enough to get you out of trouble at initial launch? When you flew on those first flights (if you can remember) did you launch with any up trim? Full power? Once it was up, did you find the limited travel of the controls were sufficient and made the 'plane a bit more docile, so you could do some controled, gentle circuits, until you were confident? What trim did you have on the airolons and elevator?
I am really hoping to get where I can fly mine like yours(as per this guy flew mine for me, so I know it is well capable). I know you have contributed a lot to this topic, but any last things you can think of when you carried out those first 'awkward' flights that you haven't nentioned might be a great help.

Thanks