RCU Forums - View Single Post - Return of Lunchbox..
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Return of Lunchbox..

ORIGINAL: Jarod

I'll post some pics of the al. axle mounts when i've got them drilled & tapped.

Maybe I can explain it a bit better too. the rear axle is held on by a small steel shaft found at the front of the diff, that fits into these "mounts" that are held on by 3 screws, 2 underneath the chassis, and one that holds on the side bumper/handle thing. they also have small springs for a "independant" suspension, but mine kept breaking, so i've found some aluminum, and am making new ones without the springs and independant deal. don't know if its a good idea or not, but i'm going to give it a shot.

I'm looking into getting some bearings for my hornet, some that are in the diff, and others on the front wheels, does anyone know what size these are, or how to measure them? tower hobbies sells "duratrax" bearings, but I don't understand their measurements, they have thing like 5x9 & 5/16x3/8x1/8, what do these measurements stand for? IDxODxWidth?
Thanks.

Yup, got it.. so you have to custom make them??

I do think that you should make it in aluminum but keep the slot so it has some "independence" (as you call it, although it is a solid axle, so it is not really independent.. :P)

I never had that breaking on my Lunchbox (it uses the same system), but then, I don't bash it that hard!! I do find the little springs break easily so I took them out and put on a 3rd oil shock on the back in place of those 2 springs.. (I got pictures posted above, I think!)

You need 5x11 for the bigger ones (front wheel, majority of the transmission) and a 5x8 (just 1 of them) inside of the transmission..

5 is the inner diameter, 11 and 8 are the outer diameter..

Thickness for those 5x11 are 4mm.. think it is the same for the 5x8 as well...

Hope this helped!