RCU Forums - View Single Post - Keep stripping spur gears?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 01:01 PM
mrmike4given

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Keep stripping spur gears?

i've found out exactly why the warhead strips the spur gears. this is the reason; if it revs too high, the clutch shoes are engaging the clutchbell, which is getting heated up and in turn melting the plastic spur gear. solution; first of all i've had this warhead for about a month. i have run it a few times and each time it has been no more than a few mins. what i did is this. i ordered a hardened clutchbell, an upgraded set of clutch shoes and springs, which you'll need a new flywheel to match the shoes, a 3 shoe setup, the new clutchbell requires bearing instead of bushings, a plus. and i ordered a new set of slipper pads. now all i'm waiting on is the hardened spurgear to come out, DTXC4506. after installing all these upgraded parts i think this should fix the problem with the spurgear. once i do get the spurgear and install it all i can just imagine that i'll run into other problems, but hopefully they won't be with the spurgear!!!!! tower hobbies has all the stuff, but the spurgear is on backorder, well good luck with this issue. Mike