RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Cap 232 Build Thread!!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Clayton Wheaton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Cap 232 Build Thread!!

Sorry it took so long, the build took a total of 4days and was very easy and event free. I flew the plane and I love the way it flies!!! Right after take off I felt comfortable with the plane and the way it behaved in different flight axis. When I took off the O.S. 1.60fx had about 20 min of break in time and was set very rich but had insane power!! It will hover at around a little over half and pulls out with authority, when this motor breaks in and I lean it out a little it should have even more power, not that I need it lol!! It will do just about any maneuver I can think of and do it with ease. Inverted takes just a breath of down elevator. The Cap will do 3d just as well as it does precision maneuvers, it tracks straight and level with no tendency to wander or hunt. The Futaba digitals I used worked flawlessly and had plenty of torque and centered perfectly every time! I followed the factory rates and easily set them up on the 3 position switch on my futaba 9c transmitter and was more than adequate on 3d rates and only needed a little turning down on the ailerons for IMAC type flying on low rates. The cap lands easily and very slowly with no tendency to snap or tip stall on the approach. This plane was a pleasure to build and is an excellent flier, if you have any questions about the plane or build feel free to ask. The photos were provided by "Papa Jeff" (thanks again!!)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46850.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	476713