RCU Forums - View Single Post - 80+ MPH?! I don't think so...
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 10:30 PM
DownStroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 80+ MPH?! I don't think so...

ORIGINAL: Redcat Support

Regardless of top speed claims, the Hurricane is a damn fine product.

Nobody on this forum EVER said it would go 80 mph.
Yes, Redcat Racing says it will do 80+ mph in the banner ads it runs on this and many other forums, so you're mistaken. I think you're missing my point, however (as are a few other agenda-driven opinions in this thread). If a consumer clearly can't trust Redcat Racing about the speed claims, then there's reason to believe your company is being untruthful about other aspects of the car. does it really have a .27 engine, or do I have to break out the caliper to measure it? Does it really have T6 aluminum, or do I have to get the Rockwell tester and test it? If speed is an important factor to a consumer, it doesn't matter if you don't care about speed, THEY DO. It may well be a good product, but you lose all credibility and any footing to make any claims about the quality of the product you represent when you can't even be honest about a very basic performance claim.

Any of you that are making excuses for this type of misrepresentation are hypocrites. If anyone lied about (misrepresented, embellished... pick whatever word you want) a fact you considered important to your purchase and it was over-exaggerated to the tune of 50 percent, you'd be pissed and want your money back. It's incomprehensible that anyone could defend this... it never ceases to amaze me how far someone will allow their moral compass to wander when there's an agenda, a fragile ego, or a profit to be made. Let's be honest... the reason these claims are made is because Redcat Racing doesn't want to compete with other manufacturers on features, value and benefits. I believe they're hoping to short circuit an honest evaluation and comparison against other products by making these outrageous claims. If speed matters to an unsuspecting customer, then they might overlook other factors because if they're to believe what Redcat claims about their product, then this buggy should ensure that nothing else will beat him across the parking lot. That might mean more to that person than other factors so the "research" ends... or so he thinks.

The bottom line is, Redcat Racing and any dealers who repeat this impossible claim, are lying to their customers. I think this type of conduct is reprehensible and I'm calling BS. If Redcat is going to make the claim, then they have to be prepared to defend it. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for something that resembles honesty in advertising, and as luck would have it, federal consumer protection laws agree.

ORIGINAL: Popper252

I didn't buy my buggy expecting it to do 80mph. I'm not an idiot. It's a buyers beware market. If you don't do the research then you're just being a bad consumer. Yes I read the part about not everyone can be an expert in everything. Since when did comparison shopping require you to be an expert? Arg... I could rant forever about this but I'm just going to drop it.

What I did expect when I bought this car was a good beginners nitro r/c vehicle that I could learn a lot about and have a good time with.
I got exactly that.
Thank you redcat. Mission Accomplished.
Please refer to my previous statement.

It's only good fortune that their average customer isn't smart enough to know or care that they're getting lied to...