RCU Forums - View Single Post - proper trim
Thread: proper trim
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 06:28 PM
starpower4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proper trim

OK, I have a new EasyGlider Elec. I'm uncertain about trim. I've done a CG balance and when I toss it w/o power it makes a nice straight sweet glide for about 20-30' and then noses in at about 45 degrees. It seems to have just run out of flying speed and dives in, but on the other hand I want to think that it should continue to glide at the same angle of decent until a gentle landing through the grass. Much like any other 50 cent glider or paper plane I tossed as a kid.

When I tried it under power it resulted in many ugly crashes. This in my mind is all my lack of any flying experience. I went back in here and read much about large flying areas so you are not always in turn/panic mode. I have about 800' x 800' and can get above the trees pretty easy for a lot of area. But I still think more room is in order. I've also ordered some sim software and interface USB for my Hitec Optic 6, with the hopes of getting it all together.

I read numerous high value tips in the beginners sections (especially Ed's!!) but one I would like to add is - don't paint and trick out your plane until AFTER you have mastered flying it! I have some ugly repairs on a plane that I put far too much tiome painting and detailing before it's 1st flight!

So, what should a hand tossed glide look like in no wind on a perfectly trimed glider and /or elec. glider?

Thanks to all of you for the input and support!

-jeff