RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Record RC Plane Speed?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Troy-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Record RC Plane Speed?

ORIGINAL: teamfutaba

troy-rcu, not to burst your non-believing bubble but i was there, in france, at the worlds and 220 mph is not only duable but common. no dives just 10 clean laps, level flight, no nitro, mb motors turning 6.5 diameter x 8" props. 34+ thousand rpm's. more common were the 218 mph laps. oh yeah that was exiting turn 3 where we were gunning from. straight-away speeds were a higher but we didnt have the oppertunity to go out there and stand behind turn 2 to see what they were. fai legal F5D planes are nowhere as fast as F3D planes. 180 mph in F5D is world class speed, but there getting there. just my 2 cents. RR
I will humbly concede to your findings as it's the first "real" account I've heard. The numbers I have are from Travis and Fred B.'s radar readings from one of their recent measurements. I believed them to be current and realistic considering lap times. I realize you didn't get any readings coming from #1 in France but do you know how much speed is scrubbed coming out of #1 (in F3D).