RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Badius Owners Club
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Shikrabeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Ken, thanks again!
I think you're right about those thermals, because it went up pretty fast. It was very easy to control once it was up there, and I had a blast, just didn't end the way I had hoped. It's kind of funny, because when I left the house today I made sure to take before pictures, because I new it wasn't coming pack in one piece. I was surprized that it was even flying, and even more so when it was flying so well. Still amazed the wings made it!! What usually makes the plane go into a dive like that, and is there any way to pull out of it? As soon as it started to go down I pulled back on the stick..nothing but dirt. It all happened so fast I didn't think to cut the motor. I probably should have cut it while it was still way up there and just let it glide down. Hopefully next time will be a bit smoother.

Also, the area in the picture I posted was an area called Fountain Hills. Lot's of large hills(small mountains), probably some great thermals. The only problem is there are a lot of big bushes and cacti. I might have a great flight there, but landing is not going to be easy.(unless I land on that golf course!)