RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Video: HOW-To..3D maneuvers
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 09:53 PM
AeroDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

As Bill said, its good to know different ways to get in and out of these moves. Often I will enter an elevator from an upright or inverted harrier. On most of my planes, once I get into the harrier I'm constantly making changes to the elevator and power to achieve the desired result. What I'm saying is I don't need to hold full up to keep it in the harrier. That means I can use the elevator control as a tool to enter the elevator from a harrier. So flying along in a harrier, let's say upright, pull the nose up to a steep angle and don't add any more throttle, or reduce it if it wants to climb. If you're already at full up, you can use a bit of power to get the nose up. The airplane will slow even more and begin to sink. From there just balance with power to control descent ,while maintaining level wings and heading with ailerons and rudder. Here's a tip.....If you're having trouble getting your harriers low, use this method to lose altitude. In other words, when you want to descend in a harrier, pull the nose up. That will slow forward motion and allow descent control with the throttle.