RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Flying Esky V3 Lama?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 09:22 AM
redge76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Flying Esky V3 Lama?

Hi,
I received my lama yesterday and:
- Everybody already said that but it is really EASY to fly. I have some experience with RC planes but I never touched an heli. I could fly it after 10 minutes.

- It is slowww. I flew it outside with a very "mild" and stable wind. My worst problem was to fly against the wind. It is too slow. Has my model an issue or is it normal. With the stick fully forward, I can't hardly go faster than 3 or 4 mph. so with a wind of 3 mph, it's hard to do something.

- It is almost too stable. I was flying quite high 30 or 40 feet and a gust put it into a dive that I could not recover. It was very stable in the dive :-( ... I managed to recover a bit but I hit the ground (concrete) quite fast. Nose first. It thought is would be completely broken but, it looks like the canopy absorbed the shock. It deformed ... and that’s all ... :-) The blades are not even damaged because I could cut the power some feet before crashing.... It's amazing.

So my questions are:
- Is it possible to increase the speed by changing the hole of the servo where the bell links are connected?
- Is it possible to make it more responsive by shortening or reducing the weight of the stabilizer bars? I already saw that some people did this. But I don't know what is the best and if it really changed something.

bye
redge