RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Video: HOW-To..3D maneuvers
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 03:02 PM
whaturi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

i have a way to ease into inverted harriers i think. this move always freaked me out. it seemed 10 times harder than upright harriers, but im sure thats only because i didn't try them enough. i used to try them by flying inverted and pushing the plane slowly to a stall, then start banging the sticks and getting into trouble.. then one day i was hovering and letting the plane drift back to me and it dawned on me.. learn the inverted harrier out of hovers. i kept it in mind and remembered that when i was hovering and the plane started drifting away, almost in that inverted harrier position, but more nose up, that i WAS doing an inverted harrier.. just really high alpha. it mainly helped for learning instinctively the correct rudder inputs. so basically, if you can hover as lng as you want, that is the ticket to inverted harriers if you are terrified of them, as i was. now, when i do feel ready to try one, i fly around inverted ad stall it, but as soon as i get it up stalled, i keep that hovering technique in mind. it really works. if i think to much, it drops a wing and i have to save it. but if i "let it happen" it works much better. i think a good inverted harrier is just as hard as a good rolling harrier.