RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes F-14 Tomcat
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 05:49 AM
FullScalePilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes F-14 Tomcat

Hi

I have been a Fixed wing and Heli pilot for just shy of 30 years. Ive always loved the looks and flight characteristics of jets. My problem is I'm a poor working stiff and cant afford a Turbine or Ducted fan Jet. I have been to damn near every Airplane manufacture looking for prop jets KITS. and what I found was, if your looking for 40 size and lower there are a few to choose from. But I don't do 40 size birds I want a minimum of 60 size and here in lies the problem.Not many of those out there. After seeing the Great Planes 60 size F-14 Tomcat I just fell in love with it only to find out is has been discontinued. So I searched for darn near 2 weeks on the net and found one NIB in a hobby store in Canada :-) and should have it Monday of next week.

I guess I should have asked you guys these questions before I bought it, but better late then never.

Does anyone know how it builds, flies, any tricks or hints etc.

I downloaded the manual from GP and it shows 1 servo for the ailerons. In a bird that big that flies that fast shouldn't there be 2 (they show 2 for the elevator)

Also I want to put Nav and landing lights on board. Can someone point me in the right direction to find info on the proper placement for these on the plane.

Thank you all so very much

Dave