RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help Jet guys - BVM .91R question
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 01:43 AM
Blue Skyy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Jet guys - BVM .91R question

Thanks Dennis,

I first met you at a Jet event held in Shreveport, LA some years ago. You son was working with this wild R/C model that was a real screamer then. It was an expertly built very small .40 size plane that was hand launched. That first flight was absolutely wild!

I would really enjoy coming to Mississippi for the high speed event. Maybe I could get a few extreme speed pilots to come with me from this area as well. Sounds like fun!

So all I need to do is put a threaded shaft into the .91R for a crush plate and spinner nut? It is a removeable just like the Jett interchangeable shafts are and that's it? Watching hundreds of these engines over the years had me intrigued to do this, but Bob Violet always managed talked me out of it when I called him about putting a prop on one of his engines. I would really like to try putting a 12 pitch prop on a .91R. Even at a 7.5" in diameter at 24,000 rpm this engine would have about 5.5 lbs of thrust static. Just enough for an unlimited climb rate at this power level.

Thanks for your help Dennis,

Bob Holmes