RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR 40 series transmitter
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 07:59 PM
jim walker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 40 series transmitter

Thanks for the form Danny, I'll send it in soon.

I base that statement on the following facts.

I've never been "hit" on my Flash 5 that is still on it's original frequency much less have the model go completely out of control for a long enough period to punch a hole in the ground.

The JR transmitter's that he has sold have all had their crystals changed from the original by simply removing the original from the back and plugging in another with no tuning or checking of any kind. The new frequency could be anywhere from 1 to 60 depending on what he has on hand in surplus. Of these transmitters, I've seen 4 planes go in now at two seperate locations where it was obviously not pilot error but total loss of communication. The latest was the owners brand new Dymond Tiger Moth with a $300 brushless in it. I watched him fly one airplane with no troubles, then change the crystal in the same transmitter to fly the Tiger Moth on a different frequency. The Moth flew great till it got a couple of hundred feet away and then it just augered in.

But if I understand you correctly, you are agreeing with him that changing crystals without tuning by an authorized service center (although against the law) doesn't affect the performance of the radio system......

I'm really confused now.