RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2A Diesel Engines?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 07:53 PM
efish
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/2A Diesel Engines?

Wow,and I had thought that this thread had about run its course!

Thanks all who contributed further; it was very much appreciated. In particular....

Andy - thanks so much for the very detailed instructions/tips/suggestions on diesels. It's almost everything I wanted to know but was too dumb/scared to ask. Unfortunately, I don't know Raj. I did see his name in several smallnet postings, but I am pretty new to this hobby (started last year) and generally fly alone. To the best of my knowledge (based on discussions at the LHSs), no one here regularly flies 1/2A (apart from me) and no one flies diesel. I'm sure there must be some 1/2A pilots around (aprt from CL), but I just haven't met any yet. Wasps (and their parts) are pretty cheap, but I'll look at the PAW costs before buying anything.

CP - thanks for the pragmatic advice. I was planning to fly the converted Wasp on an almost daily basis so I guess it wouldn't last very long....

Peter - unfortunately, the 06D being sold is a CL engine; really wanted something with a throttle. Nevertheless, I take your point about engines engineered for diesel and so I think the 11CXD beckons....