RCU Forums - View Single Post - signal booster?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 04:05 PM
superhornet59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: signal booster?

lol well i can see youve all been too canada

actualy canada and america are the two most similair countries in the world.

only difference is here when i go to my local flying field, i wont have to worry bout some redneck mounting a shotgun to a heli [:-]
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...32886542793867
only in the states...

but honestly though ive only been to new york and chicago.. which as you can imagine, didnt give me the best impression

but back to the topic, i dont realy know if there are any limits. i mean if i can send a 2.4 ghz signal 5 miles, why couldnt i send an 72.____ mghz signal that far. keep in mind, theres no real limit to power or range, its more about the frequency that counts. you wouldnt want to send a signal on the same frequency as airline radios, so thats pretty much it.

though anyones plane/ helicopter nearby will realy lose it when i hit the on switch lol.

and there are new severe laws restricting personal auv's, and by definition an rc plane/ chopper is still murky water as to how its regulated. if you go to runryder, there was a thread about it there.

anyway, they have signal boosters for like 2.4 ghz signals. thats because its common, its in high demand. nobody realy NEEDS to boost there transmitter signal that far, so its not economical to build it. but thats why im asking, there might be some universal booster/ small ocmpany that makes them.

i know its controversial if im allowed to do this, but thats not the point of this thread. here its just 'well, is it out there?'

thanks -matt