RCU Forums - View Single Post - Trying to get Hitec Fusion 9 Rx NO TOWER RANT
Old 07-18-2006, 12:42 PM
dirtypool
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to get Hitec Fusion 9 Rx NO TOWER RANT

Well, I am finally done with Tower. I am sure many of you have reached this conclusion before me.

The problem: I ordered a Hitec Fusion 9 9-channel receiver from them. It shipped 7/10 from Reno. Well, it wasnt "parts express" so the shipping was $7.99. No problem... I get shipments from Reno in one day - two at the max. So I figured I would have my receiver my the middle of last week. Plenty of time for the weekend. Their "estimated shipping arrival date" was between 7/12 and 7/14.

Well, I still dont have the merchandise. They shipped it via USPS First Class Mail. No tracking available.

They cannot do anything about the order until 10 business days after the ship date (thats 2 weeks to you and me). They refuse to refund my $8 for shipping because they did their part by shipping it.

Both the customer service representative "Sally" and her supervisor "Jeannie" said that "if it arrives any time before the 10 business day limit then Tower Hobbies has done a fine job and I should be happy". If I return the item, I will only be refunded the item's price and not any shipping. They both went on to say "if I wanted the item in a timely manner then I should have paid for Second Day Air delivery." Funny - since I usually get the item the next day or two days at the most when it comes from Reno.

Well, they were both sorry that I am feeling this way (how could I not) and they both say that Tower has done a fantastic job of filling my order but they take no responsibility for the fact that I have not received it yet. They also say they want to keep me as a satisfied customer but they will do nothing to satisfy me.

All I asked was to be refunded the $7.99 shipping fee. I am sure that the package only cost $2 to ship via USPS.

By the way, I have been ordering from them since 1993.

Does anyone know of a good Hobby Shop on the west coast? I need a replacement.

Thank you for shopping at Tower Hobbies.

Rob