RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR R770 Reciever - Says 72Mhz on bag, 53Mhz on Receiver!! TWICE!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:23 PM
GeneG
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR R770 Reciever - Says 72Mhz on bag, 53Mhz on Receiver!! TWICE!

Sure did. Took both receivers out and put them on a bench. Attached one servo to each (its a known good servo, just to be sure). Plugged a spare battery to one and then the other (one at a time) and got the same results.

I would not have thought I'g get anything either. I started to think that I was going crazy and checked my other R770s just to be sure they also did say 53Mhz, but they didn't. They had 72Mhz printed on the label.

As I started to play around I realized that I could get the server arm to move about 10 degrees just by moving the antenna right next to teh receiver. As I moved it back an inch or two the servo arm would slowly move back to neutral.

I think this is nuts too. If it didn't happen to me I would just assume I'm some rookie making a rookie mistake and blaming it on the manufacturer. I don't blame you for being skepitcal.

It does clearly say 72Mhz on the bag and 53Mhz in the reciever though....

Is there a market for 53Mhz receivers? I don't think I can take them back because I bought them a few months ago.