RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shipping & Handling,why So Much On Handling?
Old 01-04-2003, 02:48 PM
MikeChilson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: extra profit??

Originally posted by lownslo
Problem is... now the State has their hand out, collecting 6% sales tax. We are wired in one way or the other. I still like to use the LHS because it supports our "neighbors". Beside that..... there are always several club members shopping there that I don't see all the time, (especially this time of the year in IN).
Just my opinion........lownslo
Your right... We always get a few folks to place an order together to cut down on the shipping and handling cost.

I was not speaking for every single vendor in the hobby. I was only speaking of businesses that I personally know of. However I do agree that a very small group of vendor possibly add a "handling" fee to make an additional profit. Contrary to what some people may believe most business owners are not out there to cheat people out of their money. Every small home run business I know that sales product do it for one of two reasons. to supplement their income so they can pay for this hobby or it is their full time job and want to give great customer service so folks will continue to buy from them.

My 2 cents! :-)