RCU Forums - View Single Post - SUPER SPORTSTER 20/40/60/90/BIPE
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 08:30 PM
jrbmoto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SUPER SPORTSTER 20/40/60/90/BIPE

Here are a couple pics of my soon to be completed Sportster 40...I bought this kit for my dad for Christmas in 1995, and he did a beautiful job framing it up. He did extensive lightening to it as his plan was to make it electric powered, but never got past the frame up stage.. When he died in 1997, I inhereted all of his models including this Sportster! Because I was very busy raising kids at that time, and wasn't doing much flying or building, I gave most of his stuff away to friends of ours and club members that knew him...well recently, I got back into flying again and ran into the friend who I gave the Sportster to...Indeed, he still had it and hadn't touched it since I gave it to him!! He was happy to let me have it back so I could finish her up! So here it is....I've been really careful to do a nice job on it because it has so much centimental value...but I do plan on flying the heck out of it cause I know he would want me to...I built a Sportster 40 in 1993 (Dad gave it to me for Christmas) and loved it! Then about 1996, I built a SS 60 and loved it as well. Powered by an RJL 61, it was a sweet flyer....This one has an OS .50SX in the nose which should have way more than enough power considering how light I expect it to come out. I'll try to keep you all posted on the progress. Right there with you ckangaroo70...Sportsters are also favorites of mine!....Johnny