RCU Forums - View Single Post - Walkera 22e tail motor upgrade
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 07:10 AM
JDBlackhawk123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera 22e tail motor upgrade

To ccpm, Your right, I thought it was part of the (rather strange) design since this was my first 3D with collective pitch I had no basis for comparison. The best I could do was zero the servos by disconnecting, centering the trims on the TX and reconnecting as close to symmetrically as possible. This doesn't solve the problem but I felt like I did something! I suppose one solution would be to completely replace the head assembly with a different design, (maybe someone somewhere has done this?). The more I study these, being able to fabricate and/or design small parts would solve alot of problems-not easy to do. I've just made 2 heatsinks from an aluminum can-not alot of cooling mass, but better than nothing-I bet it will work and will try it out today. I forgot who posted this but thanks. And yes I've practiced using FMS, and I follow the website that steps through practicing in a small square which is what I'm doing. But I still can't keep any of these stabilized in a hover for more than a few seconds-not yet! All of them seem to veer hard to left regardless of trim settings and I can't get out of ground effect long enough to counteract this. I'd be happy to be able to hover steady for more than a few seconds. I've set CG, blade balancing pre-flight and dynamically, hasn't helped much so far. I have yet to cycle my batteries with a real charger (just got a "Speed Delta" with linear and pulse charging, auto cutoff and variable amperage and am using that with a 12V 7A battery) more than twice, which means they're not really conditioned yet I think-have been using the stock walkera NIMH charger. Have a multimeter and have gotten good voltages, but haven't checked under load. I won't give up, just feel like giving up!