RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cox R/C Aircraft Collection
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 10:11 PM
brown-robin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cox R/C Aircraft Collection

I just came across this forum and brought back a lot of memories of my first COX experience. I had just turned 7 years old or so in the late 1970's when my father had bought me a PT-19 control line trainer for my birthday. I think we flew it a few times and then I ended up keeping it on my shelf as a toy.

I also remember those lazy summer Saturday afternoon's when my father and I would go to the hardware store to run errands. For some reason, I remember him buying me a Testors control line Spitfire at the toystore. These Testors kits came in the square box and included the floppy disk like record that you would play and would provide you instructions on safety. Remember those?

For the past few years, I have been obsessed with collecting vintage COX airplanes, the one's that I remember growing up with in the late 1970's to mid 1980's. I collect the kits but don't put them together - keep them mint, unassembled condition. My collection has come mainly from eBay.

Right now, I am the proud owner of (3) American Eagle's, (2) Eagle II's, (2) Hawk electric powered - vintage, (1) EZ-Bee, (4) Cessna Centurion fuselage kits, (1) Sportavia - gas powered version, (1) Sportavia - electric powered version, (1) Typhoon, and (1) Scorpion.

Am still searching for a Piper Arrow.

Again, this site brings back many memories when I was growing up. I really wish COX could sell these kits again.

Regards,
Mike