RCU Forums - View Single Post - New AMA class "Extreme Prop Planes"
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 03:14 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painless...

You have to be kidding if you think I was serious about putting a .91 in a 1/2A..look in the dictionary under "hyperbole"...you may find a clue there...

Then this nugget:
... ask anyone who races professionally, speed cost money, there's no two ways about it. Go big or go home.
. So we have gone from a simple fun event to an event where, if we don't have the most expensive equipment we are invited to "go home" ? Gee, sounds like a real blast of an event. If I wanted to pursue such an event, I think 422 sounds more to my liking..oh, but then there are all those rules

So it sounds like a bunch of guys show up and fly...HHHhhhmmm...do we need the AMA's blessing to do this?

As before, I don't see the need but hey, go for it! I would still like to see what the guidelines are...

Oh and I think Rocketman put it very well...

Originally posted by PAINLESS
The "rules" could be very simple, the fastest prop driven plane on nitro/methanol fuel. Maybe add single engine only. Maybe some basic safety rules too.

No engine or wing area or weight restrictions. Top speed is all that matters. If you can make a .91 on a 1/2 airframe work, more power to you, but I think the entries would be more reasonable, obviously you need to pay some attention to wing loading.

I'm surprised this is not an AMA event already. Does it really require a SIG? Any AMA member can propose rules. It could start as an exhibition event at the nats.

As far as it turning into a dollar war, ask anyone who races professionally, speed cost money, there's no two ways about it. Go big or go home.