Jay Hayes

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

Libertarian, the 4 blade prop looks fantastic. The outrunner set up is great. I cant bring myself to buy a full set up for my P 51, as the total of the mods would exceed the cost of a full replacement airplane. If I ever total my mini funtana I would use its running gear in my mustang, but I hope it never comes to that. I would love to know where you got the prop. I went for a short fly today, the barn swallows seem to think my plane is either a threat or a God, usually a bunch will come out and fly around it for a few minutes after take off. It makes me wonder. I'm sure others harrass airborne wildlife too. I have found: swallows seem to want to get involved. Crows and seagulls leave faster than I can get to them. Turkey vultures will alter course if necessary, but usaully use altitude for defense. They are the U2 of the bird world. And finally GEESE DONT CARE! I have never been able to get a goose to do anything other than ignore me. Its probably for the best.
Hey racer mech, are you refering to E Flites new "6" series brushless that they describe as a perfect upgrade for a speed 480? I saw that too, Its shaft size is 2mm instead of 2.3 on the PZ P51. but if you could get the right pinion gear that should work. 300 watts of power with a 40 amp speed control. Thats a smidge more than the stock + or - 125 watts. Plane may end up being longer after the flight. I'll do this someday.