RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ed's Mach Racer
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ed's Mach Racer

The launcher is PVC and I have used it on the Dusty Deuce, twin delta (a twin Diamond Dust) and on the Mach Racer. I hold it to a Wal-Mart camp table with bungee cords. Any table with folding legs will work. A short piece of 2x2 is screwed to the rear cross member of the launcher and I drill into this for the holding pin. Nothing fancy on the pin. I have used an arrow shaft, a dowel and a screwdriver. A matching hole (Dusty Deuce) or a wire loop (Mach Racer) holds the plane to the launcher. I drilled the hole slightly slanting back just for safety.

I start and tune, then throttle back to idle. My helper and I fold the rear legs which puts the launcher at about 30 degrees depending on the table length. I rev up and when I give a nod, the helper pulls the pin. I have launched myself, but I'd rather have a helper so I can get set for action.

The launcher works a lot better than grabbing whoever is at the field and asking them for a hand launch.

The 2 top rails on the launcher were because I was worried about the plane blowing over backwards on a windy day. I tend to fly when most others will not. So far, both planes have gone like bullets so it hasn't been a problem. I removed them for the Mach Racer.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96495.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	502487   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32188.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	502488   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43807.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	55.5 KB