RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Jay Hayes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

I once stored my P 51 in the nose down position and it bent the spinner. It caused such incredible vibration it shook the whole plane. The hollow Z foam echoed. I lost alot of power, but it sounded cool. I have a ultrfly biplane with the noisiest gearbox ever. It sounds like a flying haybailer. Hows this for a challenge. Post WWII mustangs were used in rocket research. Wingtip rockets were fitted on a testbed P 51. This set up is portraid in a 1/48 scale static display model bu Tamiya. Now, adding the rocket motors to the plane is no big deal, but how do you light them in mid flight. They light these things on the ground with car batteries, and the mustang is tough to hand launch as it is, try and do it with a 60 month Exide battery on board. Rocket assisted Parkzone P 51 , I nominate this for worst idea ever. Maybe just one in the tail. 5 seconds of "unlimited vertical performance". Just picture it, a low high speed pass, ignition, followed by sharp pull up and fast climb to 250 feet. A Allied version of the Comet.