RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Funtana 40
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Heritage rider
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Funtana 40

T.W.,
I haven't had 54 planes yet but I have had several including the MOJO 40. With a Saito 82 on it, that plane will do anything your thumbs can dream up. It is extremely durable. I finally broke mine too bad to fix after stupidly gluing my throttle servo back on so I could keep flying. Won't bother you with the details. It went straight in, broke the engine mount plywood and a little wing damage. I ordered a new one and will get around to building it in a couple of weeks I suppose. It is NOT a precision plane though. Get it for 3D and just throwing around. Mine would hold altitude in a flat spin at full throttle. Had a friend with one that would climb in a flat spin. Same engine. It will snap out sometimes on you but, unlike the Funtana, is very controllable. I learned to do harrier landings with this plane. I could even drag the tailwheel for a bit and I am definitely not that good. It loves to be tail heavy. Loves to hover.

I'm just in the mood right now to learn to fly maneuvers more precise but don't want to spend a fortune on a larger plane right now. The 65" Edge was almost perfect from a cost and precision point of view. Too bad it can't slow down just a little more. Thinking abouut the Aeroworks 60" Edge. Any experience would be appreciated.