GLbiggles

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

Has anyone ever flown a plane that only had non-proportional rudder and throttle (ie. all left/right, all on/off)? How did you enjoy it and did you find it easy or difficult to fly (of course we know that throttle will cause a plane to climb so in effect it becomes your "elevator" ? The interesting thing about full rudder is that it will cause the plane to loose altitude so you must compensate with opposite rudder and use the rudder in conjunction with the throttle to keep altitude, all of which may make for a good training tool. Just curious what others experiences with this form of flying have been as I am thinking that it may help for more advanced stuff (along with the flight sim, LOL!).
I sure have back in the bad old days (early 60's) that's all we had to fly with. Models had to be set up to fly themselves with interuption from the pilot. What we have these days is infinitely easier to master. Wattage Micro Flyer has this type of control, although it's more reliable than we had in "the good old days". Give one a try if you want the experience.