Foamguy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Lets See Some Fun Fly Plane Pics

For me, it's just a matter of practice and having a good plane. Some do hover better than others and of course, many won't hover at all. I was never a good athlete or video game player, but with a lot of practice you can teach yourself. Just start high enough to be able to recover if/when it falls out. When you feel comfortable, start lowering the bar. Expect to dork one in now and then. I do. I try to keep it over our swamp with tall grass when I want to get it REALLY low. Slightly tailheavy plane helps, as does a low pitch, wide diameter prop. I find that you need an engine with excellent transition, not only to get you out of trouble in a jam, but the " sweet spot " for a steady hover is about a 3 or 4 click range on my throttle. I have to manipulate the throttle in that range and every click counts. I've also found that if I havent flown in a few weeks(rare), I really tend to over control it. It's something that takes a lot of regular doing. Everytime I go fly I take some time to do some hovers.

Foamguy